Monday, January 30, 2012

The Advent of the Thesis

Just this last Saturday I was able to get out and finish taking all of the cross-sectional measurements required to be able to crunch the data portions of my thesis. It's a little strange to feel that portion of the work lifted, like weight, off of my shoulders.. But at the same time, I can feel the weight of all the writing and effort that must necessarily go into my thesis in order to succeed this semester.

Listen folks; the effort for getting things done shouldn't wait until the last minute. You shouldn't put things off until you only have just enough time to get them done. Don't wait for someone to strike the gong; the starting pistol went off a while ago and you just pretended you didn't hear it. Get to work, get a little done every day on everything you can and just watch as your efforts compound into a body of work you can stand behind proudly.

No comments:

Post a Comment