Saturday, March 30, 2013

Twitter; Shucks and Other Comments

I've been fighting with the ruttin' Twitter timeline widget on this page for perhaps the last week, trying to get the thing to work. Turns out it was user error; one of the applications I use to bar internet services from tracking me was also not allowing Twitter to incorporate the code into this blog.

Grr. I think the application (Disconnect) should be smarter than that, but I'm not a computer programmer (any more). I guess I shouldn't be too picky, since I've barely touched the code on this site other than a few tweaks and clean up operations here and there.

Anyway; Boo Hiss to the programmers for Disconnect; for not making a product that's smart enough to tell a tracking code from a useful javascript code. Then again, the application is FREE, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. The takeaway is that those NOT using a tracking blocker, and who have updated browsers, should be able to see my twitter feed now. This is a good thing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment