Saturday, October 12, 2013

Back to Basic (computing)

Some times I like to crack out my old Asus Eee 900, just because. To be fair, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the old war horse.. It still boots up, holds a 6 hour run-time charge, connects to the WiFi and gets me online. I've booted it up to type this blog entry, matter of fact. The only problem really is that I've got enough spare tech laying around that I don't generally think about cracking out the Asus unless I really need to, or I just feel like putzing about on it. It's the tech equivalent of dicking around the woodshop, to be honest.

Talk about first world problems. I'd really like to find a use for the thing. I might just be able to use it at UGA, provided I can get the browser updated (not an issue) and get some basic capabilities put on it (like reading .pdf's, also not an issue). It's not really much of a jump from .docs to typing things up in Google Drive anyway, and it gives me some measure of being able to roam about campus as I need to, without worrying about my nicer laptop getting high-graded.

No comments:

Post a Comment