Sunday, July 29, 2012

Streets of Fire

In 1984 there was a movie called "Streets of Fire", which was billed as a sort of "rock and roll fable". I was thinking about it this morning because my brother posted some lyrics from that movie on facebook.

Because it had elements of the 1980's and because I was a kid, I had always thought of that movie taking place in the 80's. Looking back, it was set in the 50's. Mind. Blown. Diane Lane's dress at the beginning of the movie would have been incredibly risque' in the 50's, and Michael Pare's character having those soldier skills makes more sense now.

At any rate; the wikipedia article for the movie said that it was a commercial and critical failure, which is a shame. I've watched the movie within the past five years and thought that it held up well to time and was still a decent movie. It's no Lord of the Rings, but it has its place.

Think I'll add it to my Netflix queue and watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment