Sunday, January 6, 2013

Damnit, Facebook

Really thinking of just getting rid of my damn profile. Seems like every time I get the thing tweaked so that my information stays as private as it can, get for being on the internet, Facebook cooks up a way to make sure that the general public can still get to it.

The main issue here is that if I like or comment on something, it shows up on my wall, even if that post originated on someone else's wall. Everyone that is my "friend" on Facebook is automatically suscribed to see all comments and likes I make, because it'll show on my wall. It's pretty asinine. The kicker here is that this is not something that I have control over; the other person has to go through a somewhat complicated series of steps in order to remove that access themselves. I went and looked, and I can't find a universal "off" switch for that.

Well, there is an "off" switch, and it's called getting rid of my Facebook profile. I'm very seriously considering it too, since I don't exactly need the thing and anyone that wants to get a hold of me can call or email me. These points of information aren't exactly stored in a Top Secret dossier, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment