Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Geez, Amazon, get it together.

Oddly enough, whenever I see this picture I hear Chris Tucker's voice going "The fuck is wrong with you!?" instead of Jackie Chan's.

I noticed the other day on my smartphone that the Kindle app is nowhere near as good as the normal Amazon app for shopping for new books. Well, due to an involuntary vow of poverty, I wasn't shopping per se, but I was looking for books to add to my wishlist.

Anyhoo. The Kindle app itself is actually pretty meager for shopping for new books; no ability to separate out large categories into smaller ones ("You just wanted Fiction, right? Who cares if you have to paw through ten pages of Romance novels to get to one or two Sci-Fi."), no ability to save books to a wishlist, no ability to view your wishlists...

I'm sorry, but for a dedicated app that's just plain rubbish.

If you look at the Amazon app though, all of those issues are gone. It works *much* better for shopping for ebooks than the native Kindle app. Hell, using the shopping feature on my damned Kindle 4 works better than shopping on the Kindle app.

Poor form, Amazon. Poor form.

No comments:

Post a Comment